1099 Information for SoftPro Select Users
What's new for Tax Year 2019?
Introducing two new 1099 Exceptions Reports:
- Missing and Orphaned 1099 Records Report
- Pro1099 vs. ProForm Data Variances
How do I access the new Exceptions Reports?
- Visit the new SoftPro Documents Portal
- Log in with your mySoftPro or SoftPro 360 credentials or click "Sign Up" to create a login
- Once logged in, click "Browse All" from the menu on the left
- Click on "National Packages"
- Find the package named "1099 Reports" and click "Download"
- Install the Bundle in SP Admin. For information on how to do this, visit the "Videos & FAQs" page in the Documents Portal
Read the chart below to be aware of what's coming next:
What to complete
Install and run the reports now, you'll want these exceptions cleared before you start preparing your 1099 information
Update your Tax Year Script
January – March
Resolve any outstanding exceptions and submit to the IRS
Important Pre-Filing Information
If you are filing your 1099 record electronically for the first time, you need to complete 4419 at the IRS website. You can create a FIRE login account here.
Filing Deadlines for Electronic Filing Only
February 17, 2020: Recipient (Seller) Copy
March 31, 2020: IRS Submission
How-To Videos and the Pro1099 Select User Guide:
- Preparing for 1099 submission to the IRS
- What are the steps to complete the 1099 process?
- Ensure files are sent to Pro1099
- Run the Exception Report and make 1099 corrections
- Add and delete a 1099 record
- 2019 1099 Select User Guide
*Please Note: SoftPro suggests creating a 2019 IRS TAX file in early 2020 to ensure you have all 2019 purchases finalized and the IRS FIRE site is accepting 2019 IRS TAX files.
Do you need to fill out an extension of time request for your 2019 Tax Year? Not to worry! Follow along with the below slideshow that walks you through the correct steps for filing an extension of time request with the IRS. To begin, please visit the IRS FIRE Website and log on with your FIRE User ID and Password. If you have not created an account, start by clicking "Create New Account" and proceed with the steps below.