What title professionals need to know about Remote Online Notarization (RON).As RON legislation continues to be passed and more professionals begin using the technology combined with other digital closing solutions, we want you to be prepared to answer questions on the topic from your customers.
Remote Online Notarization (RON) has been in the news for years – ever since Virginia became the first state in the country to allow the practice in 2011. As of Jan. 1, 2020, 17 states allow notaries to conduct remote notarizations in some fashion, and 5 others have passed RON legislation that will take effect in the near future. Several other states are considering legislation on this issue, and we expect the number of states allowing remote notarization to continue to climb.
In this e-book, we'll cover all the basics of RON, including:
- What Remote Online Notarization means
- Updates on states that have passed RON legislation
- Digital technology terms and definitions
- The different types of closings - traditional and digital
- The ways RON can benefit you and your business
- How remote notaries identify signers
- And more!